Whether you're a seasoned equestrian or a beginner living in the Wellington area, it's essential to understand the types of foot injuries that can occur and how Signature Foot & Ankle can help.
Our experiences podiatrists have treated many foot injuries caused by horse riding. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Sprains and strains: When riding a horse, your feet are constantly moving and adjusting to the horse's movements. This can lead to sprains and strains in the foot and ankle.
- Fractures: Falls from a horse or getting a foot caught in a stirrup can result in fractures, which can range from small cracks to severe breaks.
- Blisters and calluses: Horse riding requires you to wear tight-fitting boots, which can cause friction and pressure on your feet, leading to blisters and calluses.
- Tendonitis: Repetitive motion from horse riding can cause inflammation and pain in the tendons of your feet.
At our podiatry clinic, we specialize in diagnosing and treating foot injuries caused by horse riding. Our experienced podiatrists can provide a thorough examination to determine the extent of the injury and develop a personalized treatment plan to help you recover as quickly and safely as possible.
Some of the treatments we offer include:
- Immobilization: For mild to moderate fractures, we may need to immobilize your foot to allow the bones to heal properly.
- Surgical Intervention: For severe fractures, we may need to explore surgical option to properly heal your foot.
- Physical therapy: We may recommend physical therapy to help you regain strength and mobility in your foot after an injury.
- Custom orthotics: If you have chronic foot pain or discomfort, we can create custom orthotics to provide additional support and cushioning.
- Medications: We may prescribe anti-inflammatory medications or pain relievers to help manage your symptoms.
Don't let foot injuries caused by horse riding slow you down. Contact us today or schedule an appointment online to get the care you need and get back to the activities you love. Our podiatry practice is dedicated to helping you achieve optimal foot health and wellness.